Heinz

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,
      I’m a marketing executive and video producer seeking support and feedback for the spot that I submitted to the Heinz Top This TV Commercial Challenge. Please go to topthistv.com and view entry #1977 "Going to Pittsburgh" or use this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIN53qYpVaY. If you enjoy it, please leave me comments or ratings if you have a youtube account.

Also I’d like to ask for your help by:

1. Bookmarking the contest page and returning there on Aug 27 to see if it made the top 15.

2. Voting for it (if it does make the final cut) everyday then until Sept 10.

3. Passing this message along to other video producers and filmmakers.

Have a great day and thank you!
      Richard

Participant

Hi,

Yours is a very charming video. You will definitely get the sentimental vote. Cool contest.

Heinz asked for 30 second commercials from the public for their product and got a bunch. You can watch about 50 or so in 30 minutes. Not a bad way to escape the cares of the day for a brief interlude. I was able to access via: http://www.topthistv.com.

There is an expression in jazz, it don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that swing. In video, I apply that to images. I enjoyed browsing these submissions, notwithstanding that finding that sweet crispness of image was not always the case. I thought it was my machine (net speed/bit rate/poor transmission from HQ); then I saw some with really standout images (i.e., per basic principles of photography, in sharp focus for duration of shot, well lit by commercial standards OR artistically lit, good framing, etc.), so I know it wasn’t my reception that was a problem. In a weird example, one commercial was perfect visually the first half, with the central character out of focus, infuriatingly so, for the second half (i.e., last 15 seconds). What were they thinking…

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Participant

Thanks.
      I appreciate you taking time out to view the spot and send the email. Incase you’re wondering who the gorgeous little "Superstar" is; it’s my grand-daughter, Abby. Needless to say we had loads of fun shooting and even if we won’t be able to add $57,000 to her college fund, it’s given us wonderful memories and will be a nice keepsake when she’s older. Right now, she just likes watching herself on the computer!
      Thanks again for the vote of confidence.
      Richard

Participant

Shake and shake the catchup bottle…none will come, and then alot’ll.

This just made me think of that. dunno why X-D

Participant

Checked out your submission for the Heinz contest. Really good stuff. Especially like the way you edited it and you got a great performance from the actress! X-D
      I also entered in this contest and here’s the link if you wanna check it out
      Good luck!

Participant

Ahhh. So that’s what the bottle rolling topics were about. Looks like sticking the camera in a tube for a first person shot worked out great. Nicely done!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap