Head swap in video with Vegas Pro 10

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Is it possible? Can someone explain to me how to go about doing this? I’d like to swap faces/heads between a video and a picture

Participant

Do you mean you want to over lay a face from a picture over a face on video, or the opposite. is that what you are trying to say

Inactive

Yes, I want to over lay a face from a picture over a face on a video. Not the opposite. I read this can be accomplished by masking?

Participant

one more question is there head movement on the video do you need the photo to move as well ?? this does make a diffrence

Participant

You’ll need a combination of masking and track motion.

Put the replacement head on a track above the original, mask out the head by itself (may be very tedious – process is called rotoscoping) and then use track motion to place the head in the correct position (also, depending on lower track video can be very tedious as you may need to move it every couple of frames).

Participant

If planning ahead, you can drape all but the face to be compisited in a keyable source if you just wanna track the face. If replacing the whole head, no need. You can’t do it in Vegas unless it’s completely static and then you can just use a feathered mask with no worries. I’d hop into After Effects. Mask as needed by double clicking the layer then, back in your comp apply motion tracking as needed. You’ll be best off tracking nostrals if yu can, unless there is a good mole or something you can hone in on. Eyes are good exept for blinks and the mouth, of course, won’t help you any. Color correction to make seemless is important.

Inactive

Yes there is head movement for the video, but it doesn’t move very drastically at all, and the picture is completely still. Thank you birdcat and grinner

Participant

If you have photo shop you can cut the head out with the surrounding area around the head in the photo with an alpha background around the head bring it into Vegas place it on a track above the video and with the key frames move the head around as you like to get the effect that you want with it that is what I usually if i do not use after effects. then you can use track motion or pan and crop or whatever you are looking for to achieve your goal. don’t know if that is what you are looking for but it is a suggestion

Inactive

Hi Nicole, it's an older thread, but I was wodering how was the final result that you got from your attempt at swapping full head. Did it look real or was it more for comic purposes?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2020

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and...
homicide-bootstrap