HDV Capture won’t work! APP CS5

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a Sony HVR-Z5U HDV Cam and I recorded a video today in HD for the first time. I went to capture in APP CS5 and the option for HDV format is not even there. I know it was there before b/c I had to change it to SD. How do I get it to HDV again?

Thanks.

Participant

This has happened with me before (on my HDV camcorder), only because the HDV mode was set for inputting, and luckily, the DV mode was set to output (I couldn’t change the settings from the broken touch screen). Your software may be hiding it do to your camcorder’s settings.

Participant

I know for my canon hd cams, and in CS3, I have to set my cam output for HDV before I see the capture option tab in the capture window. If the sony has an output setting it probably says SD, HDV (and maybe auto). Set for HDV. In the PP capture screen (F5) there is a tap on the far right (in C3, hopefully 5) (I think it’s the Settings tab-but can’t check right now) that should allow you to select HDV.

Inactive

Thanks for the responses. I had to set it to down convert to SD just to get the job done but I will triple check the settings.

Inactive

Checked everything again. Tried some troubleshooting methods. It just doesn’t appear as an option in APP. When I go to create a new project it’s not there. When I go to capture it’s not there. HDV seems gone. And it was there before because I had to change the capture settings from HDV to DV. What gives?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap