HDV Capture Problem

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have an HC3 and FX1 and am trying to capture for the first time on Vegas 6. It initially picked up the web cam, but when I tried to pick the other option, ‘Microsoft AV/C Tape Subnit Device’ it does nothing. Pretty much everything is grayed out.

I checked and made sure my XP had Service Pack 2 installed.

I changed the setting from internal to external and back.

I tried it with my FX1 and HC3 both.

I restarted Vegas.

I downloaded Vegas Update 6.0d from Sony’s site. This changed one thing; when I select ‘capture video’ it now asks whether I want internal or external.

When I select External, it goes into capture mode. When I select Internal, nothing happens at all.

I tried opening all the Migration Tools under Vegas’ Utilities.

I still can’t capture, although it does acknowledge that something is there. When I turn on the camera the ‘Microsoft AV/C Tape Subnit Device’ appears under Video.

Always Preview Video is selected, but in the preview box it says ‘Preview is turned off’

Made sure camcorder was in Play/Edit mode.

Tried ‘Reconnect to current device’. No change.

Tried downloading Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Tried it on another computer. It acknowledges the ‘Microsoft AV/C Tape Subnit Device’, but when I select it, nothing happens.

Tried resetting camera…no change.

Tried resetting Vegas…no change.

I think it’s a camera setting. Please help.

Participant

Did you ever get this matter resolved?

Participant

Whan capturing HD I have to change my program settings from dv to HD to reconize my camera. I don’t know anything about vegas though.

Inactive

Does anyone know the settings in Final Cut Pro for Cannon XH A1 Camcoder? No matter how I set up I can’t capture video.

Inactive

What version of FCP do you have. You may need to upgrade to 5.1.2.

Inactive

Final Cut Pro’s latest version 5.1.2 Also, I am working on a MacPro. I own 2 HD camcorders. The 1st is the Cannon XH A1 & then the Sony HDR-HC3. For some reason I am alble to connect & capture using imovie. The camcorder I care most about using with Final Cut Pro is the Cannon. The Sony I use as a backup cam.

Inactive

I am not sure about Vegas 6, I am using Vegas 7 and using Sony HDR-HC3.

Please check the video camera setting. Is your i.Link Conv set to On HDV –> DV? If yes, this is the cause of the problem you encounter when you want to capture in HDV. This setting is for the camera to convert the HDV signal to DV before it transmit to your computer.

To allow capture in HDV set the i.Link Conv to Off.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Inactive

allreel Wrote:

Final Cut Pro’s latest version 5.1.2 Also, I am working on a MacPro. I own 2 HD camcorders. The 1st is the Cannon XH A1 & then the Sony HDR-HC3. For some reason I am alble to connect & capture using imovie. The camcorder I care most about using with Final Cut Pro is the Cannon. The Sony I use as a backup cam.

Do you have the Mac version or the universal version of FCP?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap