HD writer AE 1.5 disk copy failure

Anonymous (not verified)

When I try to copy a video from my PC to a disk I get a "failed to copy" error message after several hours of processing with no further explanation. I can copy from the camera (Panasonic HDC-TM15) to the PC with HD writer with no problems. I have the same problem with my PC at my office that is brand new. Should i upgrade to HD writer AE 2.1? The Panasonic website suggests that the versions are camera specific.

Charles Schultz's picture

A few questions for you, are you trying to make it a DVD that is playable in a player or just a data disk? How big is the file? DVD's can only hold about 4.7 gig of information and CD's about 720 mb. If it is a data disk, just copy and paste it to the DVD. Unfortunatley, I have not played with HD writer.

Yvon Robert's picture

Hi,

First rule to work wth HD you need a good machine with 16 gig memory Pentium I3 to I7 and a good video card. Preferably use a 64 bits Windows 7.

Second rule if the manufacturer release an update, update your version because box software are made much before the user install and use it.

When you use the software turn off your anti-virus, also close programs non necessary to run.

REgards

YR

Charles Schultz's picture

Brian, were the other videos as long as this one? I know that in using Premiere Pro to edit and Encore to burn the DVDs andit is best to copy the whole AVCHD filefor those programs. If I just copy the AVCHD segments Premiere Pro will drop frames but copying the whole file makes it seamless. Are you editing these or just burning to disk?