HD with premiere pro

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

If I bought premiere pro and captured with my dv camcorder but a year down the road I buy and hd camcorder could I still use premiere pro with HD?

Inactive

Can you edit DV with Avid Xpress Pro HD?

Participant

With Premeire Pro you now have two plug-ins for HDV. The MainConcept HDV plug-in allows you to capture, edit, preview and output HDV footage. It does require your computer to do the heavy lifting, it is not realtime. That means rendering.

Cineform AspectHD not only gives Premiere Pro HDV support, but it also ads real-time HDV editing features. Think of it as real-time accelerator card (like RTX100 or DV Storm) only its not hardware at all , It’s SOFTYWARE! The coolest part about this is that if you already own Premiere Pro, it’s just a $499.95 investment to turen it into a real-time HDV solution! for more info on Cineform http://www.videoguys.com/cineform.html

Avid XPress Pro HD is still an excellent DV editor. It will also support HD. In the spring we’ll be getting native HDV support.

Gary
      Videoguys.com

Inactive

Thanks Gary!

I what editing software would you recommend Avid or Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

gwXtreme

Participant

Xpress Pro vs Premeire Pro the $64,000 question

1) Much of the “what NLE is best” discussion is about personal taste. Today Premiere Pro, Avdi Xpress, Vegas, Liquid Edition and FCP are all excellent solutions. You should download the trial version of Premeire Pro and Avid Free DV. That will give you a chance to play a little bit and see if you take to one interface faster than the other.

2) For pure editing I still give the edge to Avid. If you plan to edit several projects a week, you’re going to find that Avid is the best at editing. The media management of Aviud is second to none. If you only plan to edit as a hobby, you may fully appreciate this. But if you need to juggle several projects at oncce, and use the same footage for a trailer or promo or highlite sequence, you’re going to appreciate it immediately. Some claim the Avid interface is too hard. I say they are wrong. It’s just that you have to learn the Avid way to edit. Once you do, you’ll find it the most productive NLE there is. MAke sure you get some Avid training DVDs to jump start your learning curve.

3) There is more to editing than just the editing. That is where I find Premeire Pro steps it up. The motion control (the tool you use to fly video around the screen, and set up your Picture-In-Picture FX is very easy and straight forward. The wasy Premeire Pro intefaces with Photoshop, Encore and After Effects is great, and these apps will become even more inter-twined in futre verisons. I like the Premeire titler, and it’s got a good selection of filters and FX. There is alos an abundnace of Premeire Pro training materials, at all levesl of cost from the freee tutorials at WrglyVideo.com to the in-depth total training series of DVDs.

4) HDV. No worries here. Both apps have very strong HDV futures. Premiere has two plug-ins available for HDV editing. AspectHD is my favorite, but the new mainconcepts plug-in is getting good reviews. Avid is now shipping Xpress Pro HD. It’ does not yet have HDV support, but that will be a free upgrade. At that time you’ll have native HDV editing, in real-time.

5) Eiother way, put it in a fast machine. We just finished our 2nd DIY artiole. This time we built the fastest NLE workstation we could for under $2000! We actually did it, and “Big Blue” is awesome. Click here to check out the article [url] http://www.videoguys.com/DIY2.html%5B/url%5D

Hope this helps. Feel free to givce us acall and we can go into it in even more details 800 323-2325

Gary
      Videoguys.com

Inactive

WOW! Big blue is pretty awesome Gary. The processor is actually the same as mine. I one thing I thought was very cool was AI NOS. I searched for it on google but couldn’t seem to find it. Is it something that only comes with and Asus motherboard or can your get it somewhere else? Also what is Stack Cool? It sounded cool. Thank you for all your help with the Video Editing software. I hope to be ordering some software within the next month or so. I, sofar am leaning toward Avid Xpress Pro but if I get it I’d like to upgrade my system up to 2gb of ram (from 1gb) If I got Avid I’d also like to upgrade to a Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 videocard so I could take full advantage of the program. Thank you again for all your help,

gwXtreme

Participant

I’m pretty sure it’s for ASUS only. Here is what they say about it on their website:

AI Proactive

Stack Cool
      Cooler Overclocking and Quieter Operation!
      Heat causes instability and shortens system lifecycle, and motherboard power circuitry is a major thermal source. The patented Stack Cool technology utilizes a mini PCB stacked against the main PCB to conduct heat away from power components, resulting in a 10 Celsius reduction. And voila! Cooler overclocking, quieter fan operation, greater stability and longer system life without you doing a thing.

AI NOS
      Boost performance when you need it the most!
      Applications such as 3D games and video editing demand a huge chunk of system resource.
      Inject “nitrous oxide” into your CPU! The patented AI NOS (Non-delay Overclocking System) technology intelligently detects system load and automatically boosts performance for the most demanding tasks. Unlike other dynamic overclocking techniques, AI NOS reacts much faster to satisfy your unending need for speeds.

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket775/p5ad2-e-p/overview.HTM
      [/url]

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap