HD Videos on youtube

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have noticed that people have uploaded up to ten minutes of hd footage on youtube…supposedly there file size is still within the 1gb maximum upload. I cannot get my hd videos to export for 1 gb or less for 10 minutes. the max I get is about 5:45 minutes at a gb of space. I use FCP and export now with 1080i60. any suggestion on a smaller file size without sacrificing quality.

Participant

Try rendering MP4 using H.264 – I do that and YouTube takes it fine Also don’t forget to append “&fmt=22” to the end of the link you post to bring it up in HD (like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPzkTLjcXI&fmt=22

).

Participant

File>Export>Quicktime Conversion. In the dialogue box click “options” at the bottom. In the new dialogue box that appears:

in the Video section click on “Settings:”

Framerate: 30fps

Key Frame Every: 15 Frames

Compressor Quality: High

Data rate: 3000kbits/s

In the Video Section click on “Size:”

Dimensions: 1280X720

In the Sound Section click on “Settings”

Format: AAC

Channels: Mono

Rate: 44.1 kHz

Quality: Best

Target Bit Rate: 64kbps

Participant

Bird,

The user shouldn’t have to manually add that tag to the end of the URL. If you upload a file with the proper image dimensions, Youtube will give you the HQ/HD button.

Participant

Hi Rob –

I know that – But if you append the tag, it taks away one step from the viewer (not all viewers are too savvy about these buttons) as it brings it up in HD to begin with (also, the &fmt=18 brings it up in high quality).

Inactive

my suggestion would be to read the directions

Highly astute observation. Nice fake avatar. Where ya been the past year?

Inactive

Thanks. I’ve been shooting a movie…still shooting actually.Thought I’ddrop byfor some pointers and ideas formy 12thwebsite.

Youtubes upload directions actually change…That’s why I suggested the obvious. Sometimes, if the directions have been previously read,they getupdated…thenoverlooked.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap