HD to SD

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there, we just finished editing a vid on Sony Vegas Pro which was shot on HD – it has finished up as 27 minutes which is okay but if we copy it to DVD only people with a HD player will be able to watch it – is there a way to copy it as SD?

Participant

Just render it out as Widescreen SD and burn it as a standard DVD.

Participant

Thankyou Birdcat. I tried that. Rendered from Vegas to a file on the computer. A 27 minute Vid is about 1 Gb in SD. Does that sound right? There are many scenes and transitions but only 3 tracks. I then burned the mpeg file to a DVD using the settings you suggested (but in PAL) but there is no sound and the transitionsare more jumpy than the original. I tried saving just a standard .. non widescreen ‘DVD’ but that also has no sound. I have saved a mwv file to the computer and it plays fine,and I’m fairly sure it’sin HD(1.2Gb) Something not right here and it’s probablyme! My SD DVD player would not play the abovementioned and in fact shut itself down when I tried to play it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Participant

Noosacastaway, I am assuming that you do not live in the USA and that is why you are using PAL. That being said, have you tried to save it as a mpeg2-dvd? If you did there will be two file you will have to burn to the dvd, one for the video and one for the audio.

How are you burning the video to dvd? You may be inadvertantly making data discs instead of dvds.

Participant

If you click on the Custom button, then the Audio tab, there is a checkbox that allows you to specify to include an audio track. When burning a DVD, DVD architect will re-encode the audio as AC3, which is why most folks will just make a second pass through the project to create a separate AC3 file, which DVDA will pick up if it’s available.

I have found that MPEG2 runs about 2GB/hour so your size seems correct.

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap