HD STOCK FOOTAGE

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

costaricafootage.com has got some great shots for cheap

even found a coupon for 10%- h2d6732

Participant

I have no problems with folks posting about stuff they’re selling (like Jay/Aspyrider with his stock footage).

It just really irks me when someone joins the list and posts their first post touting their wares like they are a customer (as was pointed out to me in a prior post, a process called “Astroturfing”).

If you want to use this list for advertising fine, just stop the false pretenses – I, for one, don’t bother with these morons.

Jay, on the other hand, is a talented videographer and video producer and his stuff is worth a look if you’re in the market for stock video.

Just MHO.

Participant

sorry about that,i didn’t mean to come off as a Astroturfer…as I was searching for costa rica stuff- i saw a banner with the coupon and thought it might help some others know about it too thats all.

Participant

Thanks Birdcat. I didn’t push mine, just said there it is and if you want, take a look. I appreciate your comment, means alot to me. πŸ˜‰

Now for my shameless plug. hehehehe

J

lol.

Participant

sorry about that,i didn’t mean to come off as a Astroturfer…as I was searching for costa rica stuff- i saw a banner with the coupon and thought it might help some others know about it too thats all.

Hello Zee – I’m sorry if I pegged you incorrectly – There has been some “Astroturfing” going on here lately and it really does irk me (I consider it to be fraud actually).

If you are a legit member looking for info or to share info (what these forums are for) then I heartily apologize. Instead, let me use this message to say welcome to the forums.

Bruce

Participant

OK – Based on zee’s claims I went and took a look at the site – The one thing that stands out more than anything else is the high prices.

For the price of one their less than three minute clips ($1400), you could buy all of Aspyriders stuff PLUS all three of the Digital Juice VideoTraxx volumes (over 100 DVD’s with nine thousand clips).

They may be legit but at those prices (cheap clips are about $200 – $300 for 11 seconds) they won’t be getting any of my money.

Participant

YEa that is what i thought to at first. but if you look at the other catagories. they seem to be cheap. 19sec for 295. 10sec for 195.And if you buy a 3 vids you 15% off.

Let me know what you think

Participant

also i was looking at aspyrider stuff and it is only 720. i need 1080p

Participant

Hi zee –

My problem is that I will not spend thousands of dollars for less than an hours worth of clips.

Consider that if you took the highest priced dozen of their clips it would cost you (without discount) almost ten thousand dollars ($9.740) for less than fifteen minutes of video.

For that price, I could purchase a Sony V1U and fly to Costa Rica for a couple of days of filming – When I was done, I’d have hours worth of usable footage and a the V1U would be mine to boot! All at HD quality.

I know stock footage can be expensive, but these prices are out of line from what I can see.

Compare your place to someone like Artbeats (professional stock footage firm) – I can get the Artbeats Africa Scenics HD Collection for $1100 – This contains 28 clips totalling about nine minutes (average is just under 19 seconds each).

Just seems to me that Costa Rican footage is not worth so much more than that.

Just MHO.

EDIT – Changed the Z1U to V1U as you wanted 1080p, not 1080i.

Participant

Man, I’m pricing way too low! LOL πŸ™‚

Participant

Well I’ll shoot to order, if anybody ever needs some Manitoba winter/wildlife/scenic footage….

But I’m not really doing alot of stock stuff yet, but when time permitts….maybe that’s an option…

Anybody here making a decent income off stock? tips advice?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap