HD or HDV

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I really want a Full Hd 1080p not a 1080i Pro cam but those cost like more than $5000 and Im just a beginner” so I was thinking of getting the smaller cams with FULL HD and good quality” no tapes needed? so would it be good to do?

If you want 1080p video in a consumer or prosumer camera, you should look at either a ‘PnS’ (point ‘n shoot) or a prosumer DSLR. Canon, Sony, and Nikon make some PnS rigs that shoot great looking 1280 x 720p – 1440 x 1080p for less than $400. You’ll have to get some stabilization to shoot smooth video. I’ve tried shooting handheld with these small rigs and wished I had stabilization every time. For ‘full’ 1920 x 1080p without the pro price tag, a prosumer grade DSLR is a good bet. Lenses get pretty pricey particularly if shooting in low-light or getting cinematic-style DOF is your thing. You’ll also need stabilization and audio support for either type of camera (that’s if you want decent to great sound) because the built-in audio on those cameras is far from good.

Participant

If strict usability and size of a pro camcorder is not imperative, then I’d take a good look at the Panasonic HDC-TM700. I own one and simply can’t resist the image that it produces, and the broad assortment of manual controls. It’s also very intuitive. The picture is very sharp, with still just a bit of that ‘consumer’ (over-saturated color) fee, though it’s an easy fix. There’s also an option for recording images in full 1920×1080/60p.

Get that, a Juicedlink preamp, and a decent microphone (to avoid fan noise). Once again, this is only if absolute ‘professional’ look and feel are not needed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap