HD editing on pinnacle 15 problem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello all, this is my first topic in this forum. Wish that someone might help me with my problem.

I use pinnacle 15 to edit my HD footage. At the moment i am editing a long video footage and due to the complexity of effects that i am usind i decided to split the footage in 4 different projects in 1080×920 50i. Then after rendering each project in Bluray I will join them in one new project. The problem is that when playing the final joint product the sound of the first clip transfer itself to the second clip and so on. The last two clips will be without sound.

I hope that i am understood. Hope to receive some feedback.

Thanks

Participant

What are the specs on your computer. I ran into (Avid Studio, Pinnacle 15’s big brother) this while traveling and not having access to my editing computer. The machine was under spec’d for the program and I had sound in the wrong places. ONLY after downsizing the clips to a lower quality and then rejoining them all was I able to get it to work correctly. So that is how I surmised it might be the computer is not up to the task.

Participant

Oh, and welcome. Lots of great people in here that will go far beyond the call of duty to help. And they know what they are talking about.

Inactive

i got an i7. Should be big enough to handle large formats. The problem is only when joining different projects together. When i edit from 1 project every thing is fine.

DNSVideoDNSVideo
      Participant

I am a studio user and have heard of people having all kinds of problems with studio, only to find out the computer they are running the program on does not have the proper specifications to run the program. Below are the specs for needed for studio 15, is your computer have at least what is required to run this program?

Minimum System Requirements*

• Windows 7, Windows Vista< (SP2), or Windows XP (SP3)
      • Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon 1.8 GHz (2.4 GHz or higher recommended)

-Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz required for AVCHD*
        -Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz or Intel Core i7 required for
        AVCHD* 1920

• 1 GB system memory recommended, 2 GB required for AVCHD*
      • DirectX 9 or 10 compatible graphics card with 64 MB (128 MB or higher recommended)
        -256 MB required for HD and AVCHD*
      • DirectX 9 (or higher) compatible sound card

It runs fine on my computer, but it has 2 GB memory, 6 TB hard Drive, 1GB video card and a sound card. Studio should have something like that to be able to run.

</span>

Participant

I don’t have an answer for you if the machine is up to par. I can grab pieces from other projects, copy & paste together, and have no problem. Like DNSVideo said, most problems I have seen are from under spec’d machines.

Participant

Are you joining finished videos or project?  When I have oversized projects that get to be too much for the software I export it into a certain number of videos and then go back and add them all together.  Your audio will be locked in place that way.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap