HD Camera Record Settings for HD Video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing HD Camera Record Settings for HD Video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      CarefreeDenny
      Participant

Im new to this great website, but wanted to throw out some questions to the pros.

I have a new Canon VIXIA HV 30 camcorder. I want to make HD video of a fly fishing trip to Alaska using this camera. I will end up downloading the video to my Mac and use Final Cut Express HD and make a DH DVD (probably with a BluRay DVD burner or another HD disc medium.

The camera can record in 24P and 30P (60i too). Given that I will be shooting outdoors in a fast moving water environment and fast motion with fly rod movement what setting (24P or 30P) will work to make the best quality video in Final Cut Express HD??

Note: I wont be downloading any video to YouTube, etc.

Any recommendations on camera settings or ideas on recording, Final Cut Express settings or burning to HD media to a beginner will be greatly appreciated.

My new Canon XH A1 camera will probably not arrive by departure date, but Im hoping.

Email: carefree-cowboy@msn.com

Rob
      Participant

if you’re going to be doing slow motion, then shoot 30p with a fast shutter speed. A shutter of 1/120th or so will be fine.

D0n
      Participant

How ’bout posting the question once? usually when I see the same posting come up 2 or more times in different threads….I assume it’s a spambot, and ignore the thread.

CarefreeDenny
      Participant

Rob, Thanks for your help.

Don, Whon’t do that again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN