HD avi video failed to convert on YouTube,what to do?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion HD avi video failed to convert on YouTube,what to do?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My video file is in avi format. Its 560mb but only 31 seconds (yes, it is pretty high quality). I’ve try re-uploading it a couple times and it always get rejected saying it cannot be convert. Is there anyway to fix this?Or what video format should i convert to that still keep the quality but also acceptable on youtube?

Inactive

Essentially what’s happening is that YouTube is not designed to tackle anything close to uncompressed Hi Def footage. In truth, you’re just wasting time trying to upload so large a file, as even the best quality is gonna get crunched.

For me, I save my files as mpeg 2 files in either 720 or 1080 resolution.

Bottom line, don’t bother uploading files that large. A good mpeg file will be 1/1000th that size, and the quality will still beat what YouTube is gonna do to it.

Inactive

avi is just a container…could be anything

read youtube’s suggestions for uploading…they change periodically

then you can come back and tell everyone that’s interested in youtube…both of them

Participant

From what I heard, YouTube supports virtually every existing video file format. Youtube may not approve of nearly uncompressed video, so that bandwidth (and/or server space) is not wasted.

Personally, I would use MPEG-2 or AVC MP4 if possible as your export format.

Participant

MPEG always worked best for me

Participant

For the highest quality, YouTube now recommends the following setting for your video:

MPEG4 (DivX, Xvid, H.264) format
      1280720 resolution
      128k Mono or 320k Stereo MP3/AAC audio
      24,25 or 30 frames per second
      Up to 1GB file size and 10 min. duration
      YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats such as .WMV, .AVI and .MOV but you may get the best results from converting your file to MPEG4 video with MP3 audio.So you can use Moyea video converter for mac to convert your AVI to
      MPEG4 video with MP3 audio.

Participant

I remember YouTube accept AVI video … In this case, you just try to convert ur HD AVI to HD WMV with this Best video converter, and upload the converted file to youtube again.

Inactive

may be try it,this software,i have been using software upload to youtube.

good luck…guys

MP4 and FLV is suitable for YouTube upload.

Participant

In order to share AVI movies on YouTube, the first thing is to encode AVI to FLV, MP4 file type that YouTube likes. What’s more, to add AVI to YouTube for displaying correctly, we also need to set the proper video resolution, frame rate…

Solution for you: http://video-help.over-blog.com/2016/07/uploading-avi-to-youtube.html

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap