Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › Having trouble with a vx2000…
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous.
- February 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM #45434AnonymousInactive
So I have a VX-2000 and I’m suspecting that the heads on it are damaged.
I got the normal dirty head symtoms so I went and bought a head cleaner cassette tape (it’s a JVC but it says that it will work with all brands…thats all I could get at the time). So I used it for about 10 seconds, it was working great and all of the sudden when I put another tape in it started to get really really bad, the picture was very pixalated and there is no audio. I tried cleaning it again for another 10 seconds and it made almost no difference. The camera is what like 6 years old so I think that it could just be wearing out, but it was working perfectly just a couple days ago.
If anyone knows anything then that would be great. Thanks for the help.
- February 3, 2009 at 1:13 AM #188712RobParticipant
hmm…did you use the right head cleaner? I’m pretty sure there is wet and dry head cleaner. The manual should specify which to use.
- February 3, 2009 at 4:20 AM #188713AnonymousInactive
i would bet that the camera, if you want to continue using it, needs to be serviced at an authorized center.
- February 3, 2009 at 7:03 AM #188714DarylParticipant
I agree with Johnboy I think it is time to have looked at and fixed. It probably needs a tune up
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.