halo effect when greenscreening

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am getting a halo around people when filming them on greenscreens. I am using full spectrum flourescent lighting. Both theperson and screen are lit well. When i dim lights down I am still getting the halo. This has been consitent on various cameras including xl1, vixia hf10, sony hdr-hc1 and sony hdr sr11. Any help appreciated this is making my life miserable.

Inactive

how are you positioning the lights and how are you lighting the green screen? It should be lit seperate from the subject

Participant

?two lights front hanging from ceiling? in front? two on sides behind person and one on ceiling behind person?

?

Lights with 4- 4′ bulbs /

Person

?2- 2?’ bulbs on I I

2- 4′ bulbs on screen __________

screen_____________________________________________________

?

?

Inactive

huh?

lite the screen and subject one at a time.

bring the person way out in front of the GS…the green you’re seeing is often a combo of spill, cheap software, and badlighting…

maybe try using one as a back-light

Participant

And how close are you to the green screen? Industry standard is no closer than 7 feet, while at least 12 is much, much better. The light bounces off of the screen and lights the subject, giving you a green halo. The more distance you can put in between yourself and the screen, then better off you will be.

Also, shirt colors like plum, mauve and magenta kill green.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap