Hair light choices

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What would be a good choice for a hair-light to go with umbrellas using daylight fluorescents. This item here is the nearest I can find to what I’m thinking I’ll need, however, its 85w fluorescent (actual power) and the shade is 23cm diameter. Do I need more of a fluorescent spotlight/snoot style instead, or do you think this will be fine. Also, this type of stand might be a bit unwieldy compared to putting up a spotlight on a single pole.

Participant

by the way, I’m thinking to use the hair light more light a kicker, in overall very bright lighting conditions.

Participant

if you are using florescents with umbrellas, I presume you are going with as big and soft light as you can get… a simple clamp light with any cfl that matches your main lights in color balance would work… you vary the brightness by moving it closer or further from the subject… also possible to use silver reflectors or plastic mirrors…

my preferred method, in bright light is to go with reflectors instead of lights.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing — 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.
homicide-bootstrap