h two different formats?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I need some help please. I have a friend who had his wedding shot in two different video formats. After getting his finished project, he had nothing but jitter footage. I’m trying to help him out and I see both 1280×720 @ 24fps and 1920×1080 @ 30fps clips throughout the sequence. Both are intermingled in the time line. Can some one please give me some advice on the best exporting process. Two different formats = how would you export that? Thanks for your help.

Participant

I would down convert your 1080 footage to 720p30.

Then I would convert your 720p24 footage to 720p30 by adding a 3:2 Pulldown pattern. This will maintain a 24p look, but cleanly covert it to 30p.

Then RE-EDIT (yea sorry) the footage in a 720p30 project. Redoing a project is no fun, but it sounds like the person who shot the wedding didn’t do the appropriate planning/research, which appears is becoming more and more frequent as video becomes more and more accessible. Tough noogies. Gotta learn the hard way sometimes.

Inactive

Thanks Rob… very much appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap