h two different formats?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I need some help please. I have a friend who had his wedding shot in two different video formats. After getting his finished project, he had nothing but jitter footage. I’m trying to help him out and I see both 1280×720 @ 24fps and 1920×1080 @ 30fps clips throughout the sequence. Both are intermingled in the time line. Can some one please give me some advice on the best exporting process. Two different formats = how would you export that? Thanks for your help.

Rob
      Participant

I would down convert your 1080 footage to 720p30.

Then I would convert your 720p24 footage to 720p30 by adding a 3:2 Pulldown pattern. This will maintain a 24p look, but cleanly covert it to 30p.

Then RE-EDIT (yea sorry) the footage in a 720p30 project. Redoing a project is no fun, but it sounds like the person who shot the wedding didn’t do the appropriate planning/research, which appears is becoming more and more frequent as video becomes more and more accessible. Tough noogies. Gotta learn the hard way sometimes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Rob… very much appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN