GZ-MG20US VS GZ-MG21US??!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Please Help!!??? I recently purchased a GZ-MG20US on ebay for 399.00, however it was listed as a GZ-MG21US. I am not a professional videographer or anything like it. I am only going to use this for videoing my infant daughter and keeping a video log of my deployment to Iraq with the military. It is only 3 months old and comes with the 3 hour battery as well as a 1GB SD card. Did i get ripped off or should i keep the GZ-MG20US???

Inactive

Hi skydiver,

I got here as fast as I could.

It seems like you got a deal on the Everio. I’d keep it.

Good luck, sir. Please keep us informed of your video log!

-Andrew Burke, Videomaker

Inactive

I feel a little better about the deal, however is this model being a 1st generation a good camcorder for the purposes that i intend to use it for. Thanks

Inactive

C’mon guys!!!! You are suppose to be the professionals as far as camcorders and the like go. There have been over 60 views to this post and only 1 reply (thank you for your time chicoab3). I NEED HELP AND DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP IT ONLY TAKES 2 MIN OF YOUR TIME TO GIVE INPUT!!!!!!!!

Inactive

skydiver8it: Please keep in mind that there might be such a thing that no one owns this particular camera out here and that this is why no one is responding. Sure there are semi pros and pros out here but that doesn’t mean that we all own every camera ever built. There are a kagillion of them.

RAM

Inactive

If I had a way of seeing the specs on each camera, I could comment. How about adding a link to website that sells it.

Thousands of cameras available, 60 views.

Video-maniac, you beat me to the punch line.

Inactive

I am not trying to be rude—I appologize if this came accross wrong. Here is a link to the Specs for this particular camcorder. It is the 1st generation of the harddrive camcorders. Again i am sorry just a little frustrated at this point ( i have the same question on two other forums and JVC customer support and no replies there either) The only reply i had was a fanatic saying they hoped i die in Iraq. Thanks
      http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027543&pathId=119&page=2

Inactive

skydiver8it: First of all, I want to apologize on behalf of a grateful nation for the idiotic comment that was made to you. I cant even imagine how someone could even say that. I have to think that if that was said here that the moderators would have deleted them from the list.

I looked at the specs and it does have a lot of nice features. Now when I sit here and read how you are going to use this camera, IMO I think its a good fit. Its not a large camera so you will be able to hump that with the rest of your gear with no problem. It has a HD which can hold 4-9 hours of video depending on quality settings which ALSO means that you dont have to fool around with any tapes AND it has a nice optical zoom. Shoot with a 700 digital zoom you should be able to film the enemy in their lair without them even knowing it. πŸ˜€

Now is this a wedding camera? Probably not. But here again, it always comes down to how this camera will be used.

My only concern is that this is a newer camera so there hasen’t been enough time for issues to appear (if there are any) and I guess you would need to come up with a way to offload existing footage somewhere in order to make room for more. At any rate because this is a new style camera, I’m venturing to say that this is probably why youre not getting a lot of answers. Its just not what I call a mainstream model.

At any rate may you stay safe on your up and coming task.

Best of luck from all of us here!

RAM

Inactive

Offloading the video is suppose to be easy. I will have an external 250GB HD and my laptop has 160GB HD. I’m pretty sure I will have enough "caches" to store my footage. The camera is suppose to be in today so I will get a chance to play around with it. I guess there are those out there who have no compassion for where there freedoms come from, i call it the silverspoon generation. Thank You and when I get back I may post some of my video and leave a link on here to see.

Inactive

It appears that it only records MPEG2 (DVD) format. If your not going to be editing then your ok. If you intend on editing, its not a good choice. Most non-linear editors require uncompressed video for editing. I can’t seem to find if it supports DV recording. Uncompressed video will fill the 20Gig hard drive with about 100 minutes of video. (20 minutes = about 4 Gig). If it does support DV recording, I’m missing it.

Inactive

If i don’t shoot it right the first time i just wont get it. Like i said before, i am not a professional nor do i want to attempt to become one. This camcorder is only going to be used for home videos of infant daughter and video log of deployment to Iraq. Thank you for the input kkmac.

Inactive

OK EVERYONE: I just got the camcorder in today. For the uses I have of this camcorder it will work GREAT! I am very pleased with the camcorder so far. I have not had a chance to try to download the video i shot, however, I did plug it straight into the TV (57" rear projection) and it looked great. I had heard about the low light video being terrible but I could not notice a terrible difference. One thing is right, the still picture capability is sub-par. I was supprised to see that it was a JVC 3hr battery (129.00) and a SanDisk Ultra 1GB SD card that were the two extras. I was expecting to see a cheap SD card and Generic brand extra battery. I feel much better about spending 399.00 for this camcorder given the results I have gotten so far. This is all without making any of the recommended adjustments to the camcorder (white balance, etc.). It is extremely light and somewhat hard to hold steady, but I can live with that since I won’t be using it for anything other than home video. I will try a lower setting later this evening to see how video quality degrades if any. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!
      Newbie Camcorder Idiot

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap