GZ-HM400U Audio Interference

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

First poster here, but a long-time subscriber. Thanks for publishing the mag.

I own a JVC GZ-HM400U, and have noticed some rather irritating audio interference, I presume is coming from a nearby cell phones, when recording in crowds or large groups. You know the sound.. the sharp, scratchy repetitive beeping sound that beeps 5 or 6 times, then stops. It’s like the cell phone’s checking the signal or something, or vise versa.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with either this exact model camera, or something similar, and what might you have done to correct this problem?

I have gone so far as to pretty much isolate myself from large crowds, or groups of people while recording in hopes of avoiding that sound being captured by my camera. I’ve made recordings with, and without the Azden SMX-10 external microphone attached to the camera, hand-held or tripod – the sound can still be heard.

Is this something I’m going to “have to deal with” in owning and operating an HD camera, or is there something I can add to the camera, or my toolkit that can eliminate that interference (like a static strap for when working on computers)? I’ve already lost valuable footage, and had to shoot numerous retakes because of this problem.

Any help, or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap