GZ-HM320 Noob questions..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I bought the GZ-HM320. I have a concert to record this Saturday and wanted to ask some questions before I go. Right now I’m a little upset at recording quality.

I’ve briefly tested the camcorder at home in my bedroom. I turned my speakers up loud and played some music. Sounded alright on the camcorder.

Then, I recorded 8 or 9 seconds of my dog sitting there in the UXP mode (highest quality). Tried various settings, but picture quality is horribly grainy! What do I do for lower light situations?

When I face my bedroom light it’s a lot better, but still grainy. I tried the night settings, but then the video has a lot of lag in it.

When I transfer the files over, is it okay to just connect via USB and transfer over the mts file? Or is there something else I need to do for picture quality to be better. I haven’t actually encoded any files yet.. just opening and playing them.

I bought this camera to do HD and was hoping to get better quality than my Girlfriends digital camera which I’ve been using.

Here’s a video shot with my Girlfriends camera.

I was all the way in the back. I’ll be at the same club filming this Saturday, but might move up front more. The video I shot in my bedroom tonight is grainy compared to that.

Here’s another video of the same band I had shot in another club:

As you can see video isn’t so bad, just dark. Here’s a full concert I recorded of another band in another club:

You see, I was just hoping this camcorder would give me better quality. Unfortunately I don’t have anywhere concert like to test it out before Saturday.

Participant

Here’s a sample video I shot indoors.. no sound.. picture very grainy.. I’m gonna go walk across the street and film people at the grocery store and see how that is with more light.

Participant

One more video..

Participant

The way it’s going so far I think I’m regretting my purchase and should have waited to get something more expensive.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap