GZ HM200

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

On a impulse I purchased the GZ M200 after looking at it with the rep at a local Best Buy. I did buy it on Amazon later and am now wondering…… I thought I would be able to use the SD cards to download the video to my PC or Mac rather than connect the camera. After reading the manual, there is no mention of this method and indicates only way is to connect GZ M200 to the PC or Mac.

I also do not have a BR burner although I do have an HDTV and BR Player. I see that one can create HD DVDs using the standard DVD but, because of the size, there is a limit to how much you can record to the DVD. Again, I thought that using a DL DVD would allow you to add a longer video to the disk, but have not been able to confirm that.

Another concern is that I am moving to a Mac and the provided software is Windows only. I could use it on XP under Parallels and I do have Nero and Roxio products for editing and burning. I am getting Toast Titanium and the BR Plug-in for the Mac, and I believe I can use this to download the video files from the GZ HM200. I believe iMovie 09 will also do this.

Can anyone confirm that I can use the GZ HM200 as stated above and comment on the use of a SD Card Reader to download the movie files versus downloading from the GZ HM200? Does the GZ HM200 configure the video files in some way as it downloads to the PC ? Mac?

Thanks…

Ioan
      Participant

The JVC Everio GZ-HM200 offers dual SD card recording, with continuous recording from one card to the next, and is one of the smallest and lightest full HD camcorders available.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN