GY HM100 SDHC cards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I’m about to buy a GY HM100, so I’m also looking which SDHC cards to use. I know class 6 is the mininum, but will class 10 also work? Also, I found a website where they sell class 1 HD cards. Would these work?

Second; what bitrate should the cards have? I know the camera can go up to 35Mbit/s, which I assume, is when it records in 1080p. So the cards should also have a minimum of 35Mb/s?

If there are users here who can share there experience with this camera and these SDHC-cards, that would be great.

Thanks,

Krisse

Participant

I would definitely go class 10. Some generics I have had horrid problems with, but I have had great success with the Microcenter brand, and I believe their 32GB class 10 cards are only $50 at the moment. Do NOT go class 1, it will be way too slow.

Inactive

I want to go with this:

http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/product/1505878/sandisk-extreme-hd-video-sdhc-16gb-30mbs.html

(it’s in Dutch, but the title says it I guess)

Participant

That is a class 6 card. And more expensive than what I mentioned. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0349730

Inactive

I don’t think I’m able to get micro center products anywhere near me (Belgium). I did find out that Transcend sells about the same quality, but at half the price (Class 10 32gb for 60 euros). I’m worried about the compatibility though. They should work, but there have been problems in the past and I can’t seem to find if they are solved or not.

Participant

Some points to keep in mind.

A lot of issues with memory cards in these types of devices (cameras, audio recorders, etc.) have been linked to people not formatting them in the device to be used BEFORE use. Not all FAT32 is treated the same by these devices and this allows the device to set up it’s file structure in the memory card before actual use. In some cases this formatting can catch compatibility problems before you try to put critical data on them.

My process has been the following. The only 2 card issues I have ever had was losing the write protect tab (I use SDHC and write protect them when I take them out of the camera. Losing this tab puts it in write protect so you still have access to your data);

New card goes in and is formatted immediately.

Cards that I copy the data off of go through the same process before reuse once I confirm a valid copy was taken.

Inactive

I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap