greenscreen self shooting

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

greenscreen self shooting

I’m doing some greenscreen shots of myself with the remote and was wanting to hook a small tv up so I can postion and move properly. Is this possible? Using an Elura 100.

thanks

Inactive

If your camera has a video out jack, and your tv has a video in jack, yes. If you want to see the composite result live, you’ll need some kind of video mixer that can make the composite live.

Participant

it sounds like you want to see the result of greenscreening live, and thus, you would need a video mixer.
      These toys run for a lot of money. Easily $500 and up.

Inactive

There are two ways to do it live without a high-end switcher with a chromakey module:
      1) two tvs, play back your background to one with yourself on the other. IF you want, you can get two tvs the same size, two pieces of glass, lower the brightness on the top tv, and place the glass at a 45 degree angle out in front of each set (back the lower piece of glass with something black, cover the ‘holes’ from the top one in black, maybe put black around the whole thing) so you have a teleprompter style setup*
      2) get a cheap switcher [yes, cheap is a relative term, this will still cost $$ and you may need a TBC] and simply superimpose your image over the other (it isn’t a chromakey but you will see where you lie)

*This suggestion is based upon theory. I have not tried this.

Inactive

Also, you may be able to find a software tool such as http://www.cinegistics.com/CineShot/Features/Effects.php that will allow you to preview a greenscreen composite on your computer.

Participant

tonsofpcs Wrote:

Also, you may be able to find a software tool such as http://www.cinegistics.com/CineShot/Features/Effects.php that will allow you to preview a greenscreen composite on your computer.

Thanks Eric. I knew there are, but didn’t know where to find a program like that. Appreciate that find, subscribed to be a "beta" tester.

Inactive

I also believe that "DV Rack" by serious magic can do this. I am not sure, you may want to ask some folks who have it. It appears it was bought by adobe and EOL’d, but I am not sure.

Inactive

r u usings macs? it can be done free using quartz composer, and two video cams.

Participant

;0) Wrote:

r u usings macs? it can be done free using quartz composer, and two video cams.

I would like to try the Live green screen effect as well. I have searched, the MAC Website and all aroud the net for Quartz Composer but the only thing I can find is a bunch of How-To’s and extension.

The only thing I found in reference to downloading it was a link to Amazon.com to pay for the download.

Are you sure it is free?

Participant

Yes, can you explain a little more about quartz composer? I’m trying to figure out what it is and how to use it for this application, but I can’t find out!
      Is there a certain application or plugin to use quartz composer to do chroma key effects?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap