Green Screen Issue

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi all-
      I am using adobe premiere pro 1.5- I working with some green screen footage- torso/headshot. My question is regarding the edges of my subject- I am getting some noticable fuzz around the head. Any suggestions on how to smooth it.

I am receiving Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 next week- will advancements in that help?

Thanks

Participant

Thanks Hank-

I used an Xl1 and have already captured

Could I bring the project into ultra 2 and make it look better? The project has been edited completely

The client intially wanted a web only video- they are now talking about DVD- It looks good for the web- not so good for DVD.

Have you ever presented a project to a client that you did not feel was perfect?

Thanks

Participant

Thanks Hank-

I am proud of this project just always thinking how to improve it-damn deadlines.

I have been reading your posts- thanks for sharing your experience.

Brock

Participant

Like compusolver said the production side of it starts with good production, and premiere (or any editing software for that matter) sucks for chroma keying. Here is a technique for use in after effects that works well for me. I use it every day for our productions which are used for broadcast. Drop the clip into a composition and first draw a mask with the pen tool around the subject to remove any unnecissary green then apply the Linear Color Key effect. Use the +color picker (middle in the stack of color pickers) and choose a color close to your subject. Then apply the Matte choker effect default settings usually work well. After this apply the Spill supressor effect. This will usually yeild good results. You can adjust the softness in the matte choker and linear color key if necissary. If you still cannot get good results then you will need a more advanced technique which I will post if anyone wants me to. This is all assuming you have AE if not it is definitly worth the money especially if you get the bundle.

Participant

what i have noticed is that in premiere, you usually gonna get green edges unless you’re an expert in the art of greenscreening. I recently got adobe after effects 6.5 off ebay. Now, it has a plugin called "Keylight."
      This is the best greenscreening tool I have yet used. When I’d import my greenscreen files into premiere, i’d get green edges. When using After Effects keylight, it took away all the green edges.

I would go for that, other than spending hundreds on Ultra

Inactive

compusolver:

Ultra would be more a more valuable program if the extra sets weren’t so darn expensive.

In regards to green screening I would totally agree with you because that’s what Ultra was specifically designed for.

As far as Ultra being more valuable, I would have to disagree. After Affects does a very nice job with green screen compositing as well but you also can do a kagillion other things with it too.

But like with anything you get what you pay for.

RAM

Inactive

Opps: :-//

Don’t tell my wife because I tell her that I always understand everything! πŸ˜‰

RAM

Participant

Wow – if you believe the Ultra 2 advertisements and video intro, all you have to do is click here, click there, and voila… you have darn near perfect keying!!

I’ve downloaded their demo, but haven’t had a spare moment to really dig into it. I’m really intrigued with their 3D master sets. Any clues as to how much work is REALLY involved to do good keying and the fly throughs into an office would be appreciated.

The oooo-ahhhh! factor of those effects would keep me employed for at least another year I think!

JB

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap