Green screen bottle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What would be the best way to use green/blue screen to make a bottle look as if it is rolling down a stretch of hill. I’m working on a project and have a shot with a dog sitting on the lawn as the bottle rolls by. I figured it’d be best to use Aftereffects with this shot instead of using practical effects such as an actual bottle rolling since it may be difficult with the dog.

I thought I’d take a bottle and set it up so I can spin the bottle in front of a green screen. I’ve not had much experience with this area and am open to any suggestions.
      Thanks!

Participant

My suggestion is to use a real bottle, a real dog, and a real hill. Not only is it very difficult to to green screening properly, even if you do, it won’t look as good as the real thing. I would put the effort into training a dog and finding a good location to shoot. Just my 2 cents.

Inactive

Hmm….very good question. I’ve had experience in shooting green screen but am not an expert and have never tried shooting a bottle. I wish I could give you good solid advice but all I can really say is trial and error. It sounds like fun and you could learn alot by figuring it out by yourself. Maybe you’ll find somebody that is an actual expert in green/blue screen that has shot a bottle before. I would most definitely recommend a brown bottle opposed to a clear one….lol. Maybe you can blue screen the dog.

Best Regards,

Corey

Inactive

Also, maybe this would be a good opportunity and reason to dabble in 3D CG.

Participant

I agree. I will try shooting the scene with both in frame at the same time and see what happens. I came up with a different camera angle that should be much more convincing. Maybe after a dozen or two takes it will all come together. Thanks for your replies and suggestions!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap