Green Screen and Reducing Size of the Subject

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,

I understand how to use a green screen to key out a background and add the subject to a new scene. However, what I need to be able to do is miniaturize the subject in the new setting. I use Adobe Premiere 6.5 for editing. When I try to reduce the size of my subject using motion zoom, the new background also gets reduced. How can I reduce my subject, but keep the background at full size? Would I need Adobe After Effects to accomplish this? If so, which version of After Effects will achieve this effect?

Thanks much!
      Rich

Inactive

I use the Applied Magic Screenplay, but this should be straight forward…
      If you have a green screen in an image file, place that on the SB. Now take your subject clip and make it a picture in picture. You should now have a full green screen with the subject’s green screen sized as you wanted. Render and re-key.
      If you don’t have the green screen image, create it. With the ScreenPlay, I can take a black clip and place it next to the subject that has the green screen background, I can now select any pixel in the green screen background and fill the black clip to the same color value. You should be able to duplicate this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap