You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Great Vintage Look. What camera did they use?

Home Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques Great Vintage Look. What camera did they use?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charles 8 months ago.

• Author

fertigo
    Participant

Hi.

I would love to know which cam they used to make this video?

The video is here: http://is.gd/2pPP11

Looks like a vintage video camera?

The vintage look is absolutely beautiful and have a great atmosphere and DOF.

thx in advance!

Charles
    Participant

Whatever camera they used it had interchangeable lenses. it would be hard to recreate that shallow depth of field without a fast lens. The other effects like the orange and yellow washout can be created in PhotoShop and multiple layers in your nle.You can then adjust the opacity to many different levels until you get the look you want. If your NLE supports it you can even warm the colors to give almost the sepia tone like in that video.

fertigo
    Participant

thanks for the quick answer. Yes I also think it had<span>interchangeable lenses. The more I watch the video and read about cameras I think it’s possible that this look is maybe done with a DSLR camera with a vintage optic 50mm f1.4 or f1.8 for such DOF and like you said just edited colors. Want me to get an equipment like this and make movies. :)</span>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.