Graphics Card Compatibility with sony vegas pro 11

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Graphics Card Compatibility with sony vegas pro 11

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I use an ,AMD/ATI-FirePro v5700, graphics card with GPU acceleration .Is it compatible with sony vegas pro 11.I cant seem to get ,the GPU acceleration of video processing to switch to on.Am I not installing the drivers correctly ? ,or is there more to it ?.

Participant

I believe it is nVidia only – it “harnesses” the power of the CUDA core processors. I could be wrong – sorry if I am not!

Participant

Here is the info from the Sony site

Supported NVIDIA or ATI cards for GPU-acceleration (please seethe GPU acceleration pagefor more information)

Participant
      Whenever I render a video file of AVCHD footage in Vegas Pro 12 to a DVD Architect-friendly file or an MP4 file using GPU Acceleration with my NVidia GeForce GTX980, the video will stop rendering at some point in the video, at a black screen.  There's nothing wrong with my card, it's brand new.  In fact Vegas used to do this with my old card as well, a GTX280.  Does anyone know if I need any special settings or something in order to make GPU acceleration work properly?

Thanks,
      Ryan Graves
      Seattle Wedding Videography
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap