Gorilla Gone Wild

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This movie is based upon a true story of a nephew who wanted to surprise his uncle on his 50th birthday. The uncle, who lived in Arizona, was quite surprised to find outThis movie is based upon a true story of a nephew who wanted to surprise his uncle on his 50th birthday. The uncle, who lived in Arizona, was quite surprised to find out that he was hanging out with his nephew that whole time, who is from Pennsylvania. Follow the nephew on his adventures before arriving in Arizona for the big surprise.

Video – http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=40171043

Participant

Anyone want to comment?

Participant

Would like to hear some input on this

Participant

Make it shorter – I couldn’t get past the first three minutes.

Participant

Yeah. Much shorter would really help. shorter shots and a lot shorter movie. i skipped around the first couple minutes and it was still boring. It would also help to get a greateer variety of camera angles in your shots.

I know because I’ve made a film like that too. Mine was so bad, 5 minutes was still too long. In mine, I compromised the story because I liked the music (which I created). BAD IDEA!

I hope I didn’t offend you. Good luck on your future films!

Participant

“Girls gone wild”

“Gorilla gone wild”

seriously?

???????

hey look, there’s a squirrel on my lawn!

(sorry add)

Participant

Yeah. Much shorter would really help. shorter shots and a lot shorter movie. i skipped around the first couple minutes and it was still boring. It would also help to get a greateer variety of camera angles in your shots. I know because I’ve made a film like that too. Mine was so bad, 5 minutes was still too long. In mine, I compromised the story because I liked the music (which I created). BAD IDEA! I hope I didn’t offend you. Good luck on your future films!

No offending here, just wanted some ideas on the whole project. Others have watched it and liked it but no one really that does any kind of editing so I definitely like peoples ideas and thoughts on it.

Participant

ok here’s an idea….

If I saw a guy in a gorrilla suit, on the street, in real life, unless he had a gun to my head, he’d hold my attention for maybe, 15-40 seconds.

That’s would be about how long you have to roll the title, and give me a reason to watch to the end. You didn’t pitch a story worth waiting for, in the time it took for me to lose interest. Do you see where I’m going with this?

Participant

Yes I do. This was originally made because of my uncle surprise party that we showed up at the end. The rest was filmed as the ideas arose. Nothing was scripted or really planned other that ideas in my head. Once I got this done to show my family, I wanted to get others thoughts on it. I really like that people are chiming in on this, we were thinking about doing another one and I see what people are saying about grabbing people’s attention more with it. Thanks to everyone for posting, it is always a help.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors — 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap