Good Video Capture Card?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys! First time poster, and looking forward to learning and sharing with you.

I am in the market for a new device to capture analog video with. The purpose of this device would be capturing video from a VHS tape via VCR to edit in Final Cut Pro.

I am currently using the ADS PYRO A /V Link w/Elements, an external firewire device. It gets the job done, but the video quality is significantly lower and heavily saturated. Is there a device available, internal or external, that will serve the same purpose but give me better video quality? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Inactive

Did u saw thehttp://www.blackmagic-design.com/ ? They have some great capturing cards, mainly their INTESITY line.
      Hope i have helped,

Caio

Participant

Seems like Blackmagic and AJA Kona cards are the most popular choices.

Participant

Thanks for therecommendations! Does anyone have some firsthand experience with either brands that have been suggested?

Inactive

Canopus/Grass Valley ADVC line is good, if you can spring for it, get the one with built in TBC. I believe that was the 300. I use the 110. works great.

John

Participant

Canopus/Grass Valley ADVC line is good, if you can spring for it, get the one with built in TBC. I believe that was the 300. I use the 110. works great. John

That looks like what I need and is way more affordable. How is the video quality on your 110?

Inactive

great, but I would highly suggest that you invest in the 300. the time base corrector will help older tapes look good. you will notice that older vhs tapes don’t look great, have ‘flagging’ going on, and the time base corrector will help in those cases. Ideally, you would want to have a tbc at the player source, but the advc will do fine.

John

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap