Good Camera With Mic Jack?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Got a quick question for you knowledgeable pros out there; I am looking for an inexpensive camera that also has a mic jack. It will be used to produce video that will only be shown on the internet (640 x 480 resolution) and ipods. I will be doing some interviews using a shotgun or lavalier mic and need something with a simple mic jack to record better audio. Any ideas? Thanks!

I was going to ask the same question with the addition that I’m looking for a small HD camcorder that takes external mic. Any recommendations? I’d like something that takes Flash media because this camera will be carried around a lot and I wouldn’t want to risk a HDD going bad.

Participant

1st query: Canon ZR500

2nd query: Canon HG10

Inactive

What is both of your price ranges?

Inactive

For under $600, I would recommend the Panasonic PVGS-320. Video quality is great. It has a mic jack as well. Only downside – it doesn’t have a headphone jack.

Inactive

Thanks for the advice so far, both of those cameras look like they are quality units. It looks like the Panasonic PVGS-320 doesn’t have a mic jack though. I am hoping to stay under $600 so I can have another $150 for a decent mic ($750 total budgeted).

Inactive

I just bought a Canon HV20. It seems to be a great camera. It has a mic and headphone jack on it.

It is High Def, which would be overkill for the web, but the price has dropped since Canon came out with the HV30. The HV20 is starting to near the $600 price range. Plus, there’s a great community online at hv20.com

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap