good backup camera??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Canon DSLR that I’m using for video but was thinking of getting a 2nd camera incase I have a helper. I was wondering If I could use a basic cheap 1080p camera $200-$300 point and shoot and just edit properly in Adobe Premiere. I’ve been wondering for a while if a cheap hd camera could get not neccesarily pro results but atleast prosumer style results with proper editing

thanks

Seems to me a GoPro would be a GREAT backup camera for POV and lockdown or second operator unit. The quality is quite good. In fact, Jay Michael Long, a VM forums member, recently purchased one and used it this weekend for just that purpose at a wedding production. He seems to be pleased with the results. He may pipe in here as well. I have an associate who ONLY uses the GoPro and is pleased with the performance in spite of its limitations. I’m planning on acquiring two and eventually four for my event and outdoor production stuff, and it it does as well as Jay Michael indicates, indoor as well for extra POV and backup.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap