Glidecam or Flowpod?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m trying to decide between the Glidecam 4000 and the Varizoom Flowpod.

Has anyone worked with either, and which do you prefer?

I am kind of leaning towards the Flowpod right now because I can get a Navigator arm down the road if I need to.

Inactive

I’ve considered Steadicam, but about the only thing in my price range is the Merlin and that wont handle the weight of a Canon XH-A1.

Participant

Not sure if this is much help, but I just got one for Christmas — I haven’t used it a whole lot, but it does take a while to get the camera balanced. (I have a panasonic dvx100 and it took me a little less than an hour the first time). I mounted a quick mounting plate to the top, so the camera can come off and on quickly. Regardless, it does take a lot of practice to use the stabilizer effectively, but that is true of just about any stabilizer.

Participant

compusolver Wrote:

what are you using for your quick mounting plate ?

If I could find one that worked with 503 head plates, I’d be more willing to give this another go.

Hank,
      I have a 503 as well, and I used this adapter:
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=4926&A=details&Q=&sku=241139&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

It made a world of difference when trying to balance it. I still used the sled that came with the flowpod and attached the adapter plate to that.

Inactive

Well I ended up getting the Flowpod because, like I stated, I can expand down the road if I want to.

If all goes well it should be here tomorrow (Thursday).

Thanks for your input! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap