GETTING VIDEO FROM SONY HDRSR11 TO STUDIO 11

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi –

I just got a Sony HDR SR11 camcorder, and have problems getting my video from the camcorder into my Pinnacle Studio 11 software. Unfortunately, the camera does not have a Firewire connector which I used with my old Sony Digital 8 directly into an external drive.

I installed the Motion Picture Browser and that got the clips onto my “C” Drive, but when I try to export it to Studio 11, it won’t let me do it.

I’m hoping it’s just a simple thing that I am missing, but I want to get the video directly into my Studio 11 from my external hard drive.

Thanks.

Bob Fleishman

Participant

Assuming that you’re recording in HD, does Pinnacle allow you to use MTS (AVCHD) files on the timeline? (Vegas Pro 8 does).

If you record in SD, they will be MPEG-2, or if you need HD, VASST’s Upshift will convert MTS files to low compression MPEG-2’s so this may be an option.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap