Get Mini DV tape to view on computer w/o camcorder

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Get Mini DV tape to view on computer w/o camcorder

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I use a Canon XH-A1 to videotape barrel races and need to make it where contestants can view their race from earlier in the day. My problem is that I only have one camera and I’m still using it to film other races that continue throughout the day. I typically have my laptop so I can hook up a different camera to it that uses mini DV tapes but don’t want to spend much money. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent camcorder that uses mini DV tapes I can purchase for this purpose? I saw some tape decks but they were out of my market.

Participant

I use a canon HV20 with my xha1. See if you can find good used Canon HV20, 30 or 40.

Participant

ssmalley, there was a recent posting on this forum thatshould give you an answer toyour inquiry:

Why there are no MINIDV type players??

There was a lot of information sharedthat should help you.

Participant

ebay > minidv

and find the cheapest

Participant

Thanks a bunch

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap