Geniuscameras – Anybody bought from here???? XL2 for $2649??

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Geniuscameras – Anybody bought from here???? XL2 for $2649??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

There website is advertising a Canon XL2 for $2649. How can that be?

Please tell me that this is ligit!

Participant

If I had to guess… bait and switch, but that’s just a guess, as I have never tried doing business there. That price is a too good to be true price for the XL2, sorry.

~Adam

Inactive

When ever you see a not so famous website selling cameras or other equipment at unheard of prices, there is probably something fishy going on.

Check out the link below and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Don’t forget to scroll down and read all of the unhappy customer’s that have gotten the run around or have been screwed over by them.

You wouldn’t catch me ordering from there.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8519.html

RAM

Inactive

Yep, thanks RAM. I called Canon Direct and confirmed that they are not an authorized dealer…. who would have guessed.

Anyway, I appreciate the quick help. I had my suspicions, now it is clear.

So that being said, do you have an XL2? What do you think? Is 24p all it’s cracked up to be?

Inactive

mward77095 Wrote:

So that being said, do you have an XL2? What do you think? Is 24p all it’s cracked up to be?

I do NOT have an XL2. Just GL2’s. (IMO) I think 24p cameras are designed for the person that is planning to take their video and change it to <or> transfer to film. Cameras like I have which are more or less event or ENG cameras can do just as good as job with great looking results as well. They are easier to work with and very compatible with all of the different editing software packages out there.

I guess it comes down to what the individual wants to do in the end.

RAM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap