Gefen TV and live streaming

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Videomaker,

This is my first post so please excuse me if I write something incorrectly. I am trying to record video to a pre-Thunderbolt iMac (3.06 GHz i3 4GB Ram) for my church to see if I can save time by not having to wait to import the videos into the iMac. I have read many articles but am a little confused about how to stream the video to the iMac. The camera is a Sony HVR-Z5U. My understanding is that through the hdmi output I have to connect it to the computer through an external capture device. I was thinking that the hdmi output could be through a Gefen TV wireless HDMI extender and then convert from HDMI to Firewire or USB 2.0 through the capture device and then into Final Cut Express or QuickTime Pro. Would that procedure be correct or am I missing something? Has anyone used the Gefen TV HDMI wireless extender before? Thank you and any help is greatly appreciated. I wouldnt want to buy something incorrectly. Thank you in advanced

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.