Gas

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What is the price of gas where you live?

Mississippi: $3.54 a Gallon

Participant

I’m working on an engine that runs on gold.

I anticipate it will soon be cheaper than gas.

Participant

LOL

Inactive

$3.59 gallon – florida panhandle

Inactive

3.30-3.55 in Southeast Virginia

Inactive

$3.89-$4.09 a Gallon

Los Angeles, CA

Inactive

With gas at 3.60+ here, it was no surprise to me to walk past a house with 30 5-10 gallon jugs of used fryer oil; looks like another person’s going biodiesel.

Inactive

Gas is about 3.60 in Central New York. 4:20 for Deisel

Jeremy

Inactive

According to google calculator.1.27 (Canadian dollars / liter) = 4.89410363 U.S. dollars / US gallon

Thats current prices. And we in Canada export all of our oil. Doesn’t make sense.

Participant

$4.00 a gal in Gig Harbor, WA

Inactive

$3.69 for regular in Birmingham, Alabama

Yesterday I asked the gas station attendant for $5 of gas. He farted and gave me a receipt. πŸ™

Inactive

its hit about $4.06 here in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Participant

$3.95 in Northeast Colorado

Inactive

It’s now up to around 3.95 here in New England

Inactive

4.00 a gallon

New York

:0

Inactive

4.17 regular…Inland Empire, CA. You can always find cheaper, but this is the average right now….go california…

Inactive

the average here is now up to about 4.15-4.20… making me explore walking more…

Inactive

Geez, here in Des Moines we’re only up to $3.87 for unleaded w/ethanol. Up to $4.00 without the ethanol.

Inactive

$4.49 in Sandy Eggo… about what I paid for it in Ireland in 1988.

Inactive

6/24/2008 and it’s $4.50 per gallon here in northern California. Damn.

Inactive

it’s really sad that today while out running errands i saw a station that had gas at 3.99 rather than the 4.17 it is closer to home; went across 6 lanes of traffic to fill the tank

Inactive

Gasoline was $1.69 per gallon on September 10th, 2001.

Bush went to war “to protect our national interests”. What a fool.

Participant

It’s about $4.05 to $4.10 a galon here in Western Mass (all over the Berkshires… probably will increase when the NYC Summer tourists really start to come up :-/).

I’m justhappyIfound the 1 placeintown that wasat $3.95last weekandfilled up… and that I’malazycollege studentsoIdon’thaveto driveanywhereso it’s still afull tank :-P.

Ithinkit’stimeto build a trailer for mybicycle and get get groceries that way when Igo backto school. πŸ˜›

Inactive

Regardless the price I’m just tired of it being a difference of .25 from mile to mile – you waste 5 gallons just trying to save every quarter you can!

Chevron & Shell are doing it at $3.07 currently in Orange County, Calif. Unless the difference is GREATER than jedichick’s 25 cents, I see no savings in driving beyond the corner station to fill up.

I walk where and when I do not absolutely HAVE to drive – hauling equipment, long-distance gigs, etc. and plan trips with stops on the way to the farthest destination, as well as stops in returning, whenever I can. That helps. Tire pressure does make a difference. So does gunning off the light to get ahead, not to mention avoiding somebody who doesn’t want to stop as the light goes from yellow to red.

In California yellow is NOT a caution, prepare to slow down or stop light, it is a signal to punch the pedal and make it through – something akin to Russian Roulette, only with more bullets in the gun.

Uh-oh, Jay, do I sense another documentary coming our way – something to do with gas πŸ™‚ well, uh, gas prices?

I am old enough to remember gas lines around the block and service stations on every corner (“service” stations, where they checked tire pressure and wiped off windows all around, even head and tail light covers.) Oh, and gas was going at 19 cents a gallon.

Participant

You guys don’t know how lucky you are!

Here in the UK the current price (allowing for conversion to gallons and dollars) is around the $7.80 mark…. and it was over $8 not so long ago! πŸ™

Participant

Gas is down to $2.25 here. Maybe I should buy a big SUV.

Inactive

Gas is between $2.15 and $2.09. Depending on where you go.

Inactive

Hey Wildlife,

You know what the difference between Europeans and Americans are?

Americans think 100 years is a long time. Europeans think 100 miles is a long ways.

It may be more expensive, but you don’t travel 300 miles to visit Grandma on Christmas πŸ™‚

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap