Fx: Annoying Orange and other Talking Fruit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

The Annoying Orange is an example of an effect where a person’s face is put on fruit in a video.

I am interested in learning how this special effect is done. There are several examples on YouTube

My kids like these, and they are funny, but not always kid appropriate – I would like to try to do this and make some that are G rated

Can anyone point me in the right direction with the type of software or effect being used here??

Inactive

I think that they just filmed someone sitting and talking, then shot the fruit scenes. In post-production, they just created a circular mask around the person face and did some color correcting to make both footage match… I am not sure though.. xD

Participant

thanks

Inactive

i’ve done this in Vegas Pro. just as Shipocalo mentioned, do a mask on the face, plus lower the transparency (view 20-30% should do). make sure the face track is above the fruit track, then use track motion, or even pan & crop to line them up and you have it.

Inactive

hi,

Daneboe (the maker of Annoying Orange) uses Adobe After Effects. You find tutorial in YouTube.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap