Fx: Annoying Orange and other Talking Fruit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

The Annoying Orange is an example of an effect where a person’s face is put on fruit in a video.

I am interested in learning how this special effect is done. There are several examples on YouTube

My kids like these, and they are funny, but not always kid appropriate – I would like to try to do this and make some that are G rated

Can anyone point me in the right direction with the type of software or effect being used here??

Inactive

I think that they just filmed someone sitting and talking, then shot the fruit scenes. In post-production, they just created a circular mask around the person face and did some color correcting to make both footage match… I am not sure though.. xD

Participant

thanks

Inactive

i’ve done this in Vegas Pro. just as Shipocalo mentioned, do a mask on the face, plus lower the transparency (view 20-30% should do). make sure the face track is above the fruit track, then use track motion, or even pan & crop to line them up and you have it.

Inactive

hi,

Daneboe (the maker of Annoying Orange) uses Adobe After Effects. You find tutorial in YouTube.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap