FullSail Real World Education? How does it stack up?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion FullSail Real World Education? How does it stack up?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I just recently visited the FullSail campus and I came away very impressed, They are one of two schools in the world to teach a full HD course with 4 quarter of a million dollard Sony 1080i cameras. They are considered in the top five film schools in the U.S., and top three for music. They also are an accelerated course so it takes literally half the time to complete a four year Bachelors, yeah two years for a bachelors! So whats the downside, I know there are fullsail grads high up in the biz and so on so whats the downside?

Inactive

yeah I want to know too if anyone here have been their. I heard about fullsail from my teacher and visited their site. But they seam pretty cool.

Inactive

They’re really expensive and although I love teachers and everything, I’d rather use the online resources and books to self educate and all that money saved could buy you some pretty awesome equipment to practice endlessly on, before you get into big projects. However, I’m sure Full Sail is great.

Inactive

how much is a 2 years degree their? do they teach you useful things?

Inactive

It’s about $35,000. It’s very fast and intense and probably give a lot of info to digest in a short amount of time. That’s why I’ve gone the route of self education as I did when I was studying to get into Information Technology like 7 years ago. I mean you read the same material you can get at Amazon, but at your own pace. You have great forums like these to ask questions, in place of instructors. Now you won’t have all the great expensive equipment they have to practice on, but you will have $35,000 to buy your own great equipment over a course of time. Just my 2 cents. Oh, but yes I’m more than positive everything they teach you is great information by great teachers.

Inactive

thanks for that info Michael. What book do you recommend, I would like a book that give alot of useful information.

Inactive

I know that full sail is pretty much like a full time job, but if you really want to learn as much as you can in a short time frame, it probably will be hard to beat full sail. You’re fooling yourself if you think that you can teach yourself the same skills you can learn at full sail, or probably most any film school for that matter.

Inactive

i guess is better because of the network and you actually working with a crew which give you real world experience.

Inactive

I think it’s all a matter of the individual really. I’ve gone to classes where things went by so fast, I didn’t even learn. Some learn better in groups, some concentrating at their own pace alone.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap