FS: Azden WMS-PRO dual lav. wireless mic system

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Classifieds FS: Azden WMS-PRO dual lav. wireless mic system

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

<span style=”font-size: medium;”>I used this item for 2-3 years and then it sat in storage for a good 10 years. I powered it up and checked it and it works fine. Please note that this is a VHF system and is subject to VHF anomalies. One of the belt clips on a lavalier mic is busted, otherwise functionally and cosmetically good to go. $130 shipped USPS Priority.</span>

Overpriced.

Participant

B&H have them brand new for $144 – $130 for 10 years old is overpriced.

Inactive

Right you are. make an offer.

In all honesty, Tom, considering 13-year-old technology and age/use of the unit; current prices for the latest technology; the inherent weaknesses and lack of dependability of VHF systems in general, your system represented NO value for any video producer in today’s business or hobby community.

I realize that we all have equipment that represents “value of sorts” to us personally for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is how much we spent on these tools when they were purchased. But we also have to be realistic when it comes to not only pricing but even offering certain technology. I have a Panasonic AG-3 and AG-460 that cost me a bundle back in the day and I cannot get a plugged nickel for either today; also a dual set of excellent (built-like-tanks) Azden wireless that have been demoted due to the FCC restrictions on specific frequencies upon which these were built. They’re not upgradable. A LOT of money, to me, invested that I cannot recoup. Perhaps someday I can donate them to a museum πŸ˜‰

Just saying that sometimes one person’s trash (or, in this case used equipment) is also another person’s trash. I’m able to repurpose the two Panasonic cameras for other uses, but for the amount I could get for them (likely zero) I do better keeping them for overhead feed and direct-to-harddrive feed units. It would be nice if we all could get back a buck or two, but mostly we have to either throw it away, donate it/give it away, or put it in a box and forget about it.

You will likely not receive ANY monetary offers for your system. Sorry.

Inactive

Eric, does this mean you’re not a buyer?

Participant

Eric? Anyhow, how does $10 sound?

Participant

I have wondered if the wireless systems that are fine except for the fact that are unusablebecause they don’t comply with the FCC’s regulations would be marketable in Europe or other countries.

Inactive

QUOTE: “Anyhow, how does $10 sound?”

Sold! +$120 for shipping. I take Paypal.

As for these mics or any other VHF based mics being regulated out of existence by FCC regs, where the hell did that come from. And if they are, someone ought to inform Azden, B&H, Adorama and everyone else that are selling them. VHF is a very crowded spectrum, thus the slam that VHF mics get. But they are not banned by the FCC, here or in Europe. If you can live with a wireless set with inherent range limitations and an occasional dropout and don’t want to pony up the price of UHF, VHF is still a valid option.

Participant

Not all VHF is banned. There is a thread here somewhere that goes into detail about all of this. It is certain frequencies and many models were affected and have been discontinued.

Participant

Here is the FCC site and list:

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/wireless-microphones-manufacturers-equipment-list

Participant

Tom, PM sent.

State your frequencies. Mine are banned and not upgradable, perhaps you’re aren’t.

Inactive

Sold, thanks Bill.

BTW, the frequencies banned by the FCC are in the 700MHz band, which happens to be UHF not VHF.

That is true, Tom, glad you got your sale. Congrats.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap