from camcorder to computer??

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

ok so im assuming im losing alot of quality importing to my computer…im using a s-video cable out my cam into a dazzle(pinnacle) device which is connected to my computer via usb…i was wondering what else i could do or use to possibly get a better picture…thanks for any and all help

Participant

Firewire device

Participant

ok but what if my camera doesnt have a firewire output

Participant

If your camera does not have a firewire output, I will assume it is an analog camera. If that is so, your best option is the s-video.

Oneshot,

If you’re wandting to uploading analog video to PC digitally then you need a 1394 analog to DV converter. Grass Valley makes one called the ADVC-55. I’ve put the link in from B&H for you to see. Long as you have a workable firewire input on your PC/Mac, then you can download video via unbalanced RCA or S-Video plugs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/312315-REG/Grass_Valley_602005_ADVC_55_Analog_to_Digital.html#reviews

Participant

what i have is similar to the advc but it connects to my computer via usb….will firewire drasticly improve the quality?

Participant

“will firewire drasticly improve the quality?”

No. There is any way of importing video that makes it look better. You’re pretty much stuck with what you have. You’ll have to do what Composite1 suggested.

Participant

Hello, I have no access to firewire on my pc and I can’t get it. With that said, If I was to buy a new camera today, which type of camera/media do you recomend in order to edit the video I cature on my pc? Thanks!!!!

Matt,

What kind of inputs does your computer have? Since you said you don’t have firewire, then there should at least be USB (though it is terrible for downloading video.) If you have flash media ports (i.e. microdrive, San Disk, etc.) that will accomodate media cards, then you should base your camera on what you can download from said media. What kind of PC do you have that doesn’t have firewire at least built into the motherboard? Is it a desktop or a laptop?

Oneshot,

If you want to improve ‘the quality’ of the image your camera shoots, you have two options;

1. Improve your production by lighting your scene more effectively, composing and taking more care in focusing.

2. Get a new camera with a 3CCD/CMOS chip and optics that exceeds your current camera’s capabilities.

I would suggest doing option #1 first, then move to option #2. If you’re not shooting it well in the first place, no camera or software known to man will make it look any better.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap