Freeze the sceen (with subject moving)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I know the title of this post was a little confusing but what I’m looking to learn how to do is in this video. It was from that show, On The Lot.

The characters are fighting over a hat and the Hangers go flying but then freeze in midair, but the people continue to move. It happens at about 50 sec into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3tLmgYouzY

Participant

You can’t do it with a straight shot. It is a cg effect in my opinion. The people and hangers are two separate video plates that are composited together.

Motion, AfterEffects, Combustion would be the kind of software you would need for the compositing.

Participant

Joehandsome99 did a fantastic tutorial on utube doing this with Magix Movie Edit Pro. Here is the link.

It’s actually pretty easy. You can download a free trial of Movie edit pro here.

J

Participant

Joehandsome99 did a fantastic tutorial on utube doing this with Magix Movie Edit Pro. Here is the link.And how to do it.

It’s actually pretty easy. You can download a free trial of Movie edit pro here.

J

Participant

Thanks. I will check out that tutorial.

I use FCP for editing. I have never had time to learn Motion though. I’ve been meaning to pick up a tutorial book.

Participant

Wow, pretty slick. There is an After Effects tutorial for this on creative cow.com, but this is still pretty slick. Probablya lot of work went into this and we just watch and say “huh”. Compositing is not easy.

Inactive

Hey, i did this effects using After Effects CS3 Pro… check http://www.videocopilot.net , click in tutorial and see the time freeze tutorial.

Good Luck!

Participant

Those tutorials were very helpful. Thanks.

Participant

I have watched many of the videocopilot.net tutorials. They were extremely interesting and informational. I was wondering if anyone new of any FC Studios (MOTION) tutorials. I don’t use Adobe AE.

Thanks for any info

Participant

There are FCP and Motion tutorials on creativecow.com.

However, I’d recommend learning AE if you want to get jobs, since that’s the main compositing/motion graphics software out there.

It’s funny how FCP and AE are so big. Premiere and Motion didn’t make it.

Participant

thanks for tips

Participant

However, I’d recommend learning AE if you want to get jobs, since that’s the main compositing/motion graphics software out there.

I don’t plan on working for a studio. I own a wedding videograher company but I’d like to try my hand at creating some short movies with some special effects. No plns for getting into the movie business. I can’t afford to CS3 and I am very comfortable with FC Studios. Motion is a part of this, so.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap