Frame rate??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Just rented the JVC gy-hd100 for the weekend to test it out..would be buying the 110 but pretty much the same…my question is when I shoot in HD what frame rate should I be set at??? I shoot Bar Mitzvahs and weddings…mostly low light situations…should I be at 24, 50/25 or 60/30…not to sure what the differences are..I shoot now with a jvc-gy500 and have no problems but my control track is goin and i figure hd is in demand…help please…thanx!

Inactive

The 24 fps rate is for video that will be transferred to film (for the U.S.A. and other countries where film is projected at 24 fps).
      The 30 fps rate is for video being shown as video (for the U.S.A. and other countries where video rate is 30 fps).
      The 25 fps rate is for those countries (such as Britain) where film and/or video is 25fps.

Hope this helped, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Inactive

very helpful information…thanx….so if I am shooting mini dv and the footage is going to end up on dvd you are sayin the 60’30 setting is where I wanna be or just default to the 24 just in case??

Inactive

Well, I’ll assume you’re in the U.S.A., so video fps would be 30. If you’re going to DVD, then shoot 30fps. You would only shoot 24fps if you intend to have the movie transfered to film (for theatrical release).

Good luck, πŸ˜‰
      Ken Hull

Inactive

yeah thanx dude..have it set on 60/30 and it looks good…went through the menus and set everything the way i think it should be…sucks shootin on the 500 for the past 5 years and now learnin something new but times they do change…

Inactive

sburb86,
      Since you’re checking it out this weekend…here’s a check I hope you do (and tell us the results):
      Videotape something where the whole screen is moving.

Example: CU of leaves on a bush, being moved slightly by a moderate wind.

According to a review I read somewhere, the interframe compression of the GY-HD100 had a bit of trouble when there was motion in the entire frame. I’m not talking about a pan or tilt, where everything moves in unison, but rather a scene with several individual movements, like leaves on a bush or tree.

I’m curious about this, since the HD100 seems like such a great camcorder in other respects. I’d like to know if this one problem is really all that bad. (Maybe the GY-HD110 corrected the problem! πŸ˜€ )

Ken Hull

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap