Forum Software Updates

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Earlier today some changes were made to the forum software. Our forum software (bbPress) was integrated with BuddyPress.

In the future this will add a much more social aspect to the Videomaker website. For now we’ve tried to make the change as unnoticeable as possible.

Here are a few of the recent changes.

• Gravatar support.
      • Better Private Messaging (includes email notification)
      • Profiles and avatars moved from bbPress to BuddyPress. If your avatar looks a little different, try uploading it again (or use Gravatar.)
      • In the next week or so… the ability
        to log into the site using Facebook.

Please respond in this thread if you see any bugs.

Thanks,

-Andy

Participant

Does this also cover the lack of Bold titles on those “unread/updated/new topics since you last logged in” that I have noticed today? That was a very useful tool for me. Now I have totry to remember”when was the last time I was on” and read around that time to current..

Inactive

Fixed bold titles of unread topics.

Participant

I think a forum software like vbulletin would be more suitable. I use it on numerous forums and love it. So many features.

Participant

Key Master, Thanks for the fix, bcuz I kept getting error messages when I would click on “send” that stated I had to “actually submit content” (direct quote)- LOL! Started wondering if April Fool’s day had come around again…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap