Forum Software Updates

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy
      Inactive

Earlier today some changes were made to the forum software. Our forum software (bbPress) was integrated with BuddyPress.

In the future this will add a much more social aspect to the Videomaker website. For now we’ve tried to make the change as unnoticeable as possible.

Here are a few of the recent changes.

• Gravatar support.
      • Better Private Messaging (includes email notification)
      • Profiles and avatars moved from bbPress to BuddyPress. If your avatar looks a little different, try uploading it again (or use Gravatar.)
      • In the next week or so… the ability
        to log into the site using Facebook.

Please respond in this thread if you see any bugs.

Thanks,

-Andy

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

Does this also cover the lack of Bold titles on those “unread/updated/new topics since you last logged in” that I have noticed today? That was a very useful tool for me. Now I have totry to remember”when was the last time I was on” and read around that time to current..

Andy
      Inactive

Fixed bold titles of unread topics.

svtcobraltd
      Participant

I think a forum software like vbulletin would be more suitable. I use it on numerous forums and love it. So many features.

ophelia
      Participant

Key Master, Thanks for the fix, bcuz I kept getting error messages when I would click on “send” that stated I had to “actually submit content” (direct quote)- LOL! Started wondering if April Fool’s day had come around again…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Tips and Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN