forms/releases for shooting people/places

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been looking for where I can find property releases to use when I go on location to shoot…any ideas?

What release forms…if any…would I need when interviewing random people in public?

Participant

I’ve never had anyone sign release forms before, but if I had to, I would have them sign a contract that says you reserve the right to use the footage for TV, the web, sales, etc. Cover everything you can think of. It doesn’t have to be super formal, but make sure it covers you butt and they have their signature on it.

For future reference incase you expand into bigger and better things, if you are going to meet with professionals to do sit-down interviews, it’s good to sit down with them before production and talk about some ground rules, such as, you’re not going to make them look bad, maybe they don’t want the video on the internet, maybe they don’t want the video to be sold, sometimes they want copies, or want to approve the video before it’s finalized. Anything they may want to happen to make them happy and secure.

Participant

you have a video camera. verbal contracts are legal, but hard to prove unless of course you have it on video.

“I (state your name) agree to……(blah, blah, blah)…. in exchange for compensation of…. (hand them a dollar)…… sole rights/copyright/usage to….. Get the idea?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors — 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap