format not recognized??

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello everyone.

just new to your forum. I have produced a professional video in past, did 99% of all the editing myself but then handed my hard drive over to a group that used Macs to finally complete it and duplicate it.

now, Im using the same editing program (Video Explosion Deluxe) and trying to go the distance myself BUT what happens is I saved the program as a MPEG II and also tried AVI file – its not saved on hard disk.

So then I open "My DVD" (software that was packaged with VED) but MyDVD says "file incompatible".

So tehn I thought it might be MYDVD so I tried "Power Producer Gold" and also another DVD program from Roxio….

They ALL say file incompatible or "no compatible files found" etc.

suggestions?

Inactive

Are you using a MAC or Windows?

Also, what do you mean, "it’s not saved on hard disk?"

Youre kind of short on info regarding the procedure but it should go something like this providing you are using compatible software for your OS.

You open your NLE and do all of your editing like you normally do. Once you like what you see, you need to render and export that as a new movie file. All DVD authoring programs like the AVI format so I would just do that. When youre done you should have a new AVI file on your HD that represents your complete movie. When you open MyDVD and start a new project, all you should have to do in import that AVI movie in and MyDVD does the rest.

RAM

Inactive

Video-maniac

yes, yes and yes. Thanks for the reply.

Im using Windows XP, 80Gig HD (single drive but segregated into C&D sections to partition the programs from data files)*

The (test) program is saved to hard disk as AVI (and MPEGII for a further test)

but any DVD Authoring program Ive tried to import that to is saying "file unrecognized" or the like.

Ive notice something else however… many videos I try to open with Quicktime or Windows Media Player, wont open properly. I get audio, but the picture is just fuzzy.

Could this be realated to why the DVD programs will not read the AVI or MPEG files?

However some videos will open without problems?? Im stumped and frusterated — not nessesarily in that order.

* which brings me to another question — is there an advantage to use a (eg) 100gig external hard drive — that you can just plug in?

Inactive

Interesting! πŸ˜•

This one is kind of tough. I want to say that there is something wrong with your NLE (Video Explosion Deluxe). To be honest with you I have never heard of it. It could be that this program is coding the files incorrect of something.

But then you say that you can’t always play media files either. That might be lack of updated drivers or service patches.

My only suggestion at this point is to maybe uninstall and reinstall Video Explosion. I would also make sure that you have all of the drivers and service patches up to date for ALL of your programs and devices.

Also, you’re asking for trouble going with just a 80 GB HD. To answer your question, "YES!" In your case there would be a huge advantage because you have a lot more space then. You just need to make sure that you get the right kind with a fast enough interface.

RAM

Inactive

Video-maniac

I did reinstall both VED and "My DVD" the specific response Im getting from MyDVD is

"Logic Error, Index Out of Range"

regarding HD’s, Ive heard abotu "Scuzzy" and Cheeta. Ive heard that Scuzi is out of date and that the speed of a Cheeta 12,500rpm is not going to make much difference – that its up to teh ram and processor to speed up rendering. Is that true?

Could you recomend some suitable hard drives / speeds?

Inactive

M-323 Wrote:

"Logic Error, Index Out of Range"

Well I can honestly say that I never have seen that error before. Maybe someone else has and can help.

You have updated to service patch 2 and have the latest Direct X drivers for XP right? Windows Media Player is up to version 10 as well. What about your graphic drivers?

You know you could try using Movie Maker with a video and then export and AVI from that and then try bringing that in to MyDVD. That would maybe rule out that other NLE youre using. I have used MyDVD and I have never had a problem with it.

As far as a recommendation for an ext HD, a buddy of mine that also does video is using a LaCie 250GB drive. He interfaces it with a USB 2.0 which surprisingly works with video. I would rather use an IEEE 1394 (Fire Wire) interface which is better but he said his USB 2.0 interface works. This drive spins at 7200 which is fast enough for video. To avoid dropped frames you always need at least 7200 rpm drives or faster. This drive runs about $130.00 but does come in with different capacities.

Just for the heck of it, what are your PC specs and how old is it? Make sure you list processor type and speed and RAM amount.

RAM

Inactive

VM

…Comadore 24 upgraged to 64 X-D ok Im kidding.

its a Pentuim 4
      operating speed 1.6ghz

XP with sevice pack 2002

768mb ram

80gig hd that I had partitioned into C&D sections (at the advice of a video techie) its suppsoed to keep the programs separate from the data.

If I get an external plug in drive (which sounds like a good idea at this point, in the absence of any other ideas) I dont know how to put C&D back to one.

Im assuming I would be able to somehow move everything in D (data) to the new drive – and come to think of it, why does it have to be external?

Inactive

M-323 Wrote:

…Comadore 24 upgraged to 64 X-D ok Im kidding.

LOL πŸ˜€ Good one!

Shoot, if you have room in your box for another internal HD, FOR SURE do that instead. Faster throughput!

You probably won’t be able to remove the partition on your main drive unless you completly reformat the whole thing which means everything would be gone. It won’t hurt anything as long as you have plenty of room on your designated "C:" drive.

Humm… You know that error that you mentioned eariler does look like it could be disk logic related. I’m wondering if your whole problem is stemming from partitioning that drive? It’s possible that maybe something was done wrong and the file structure is corrupt in places. That could explain why sometimes you can play media files and sometimes you can’t. It may depend on which drive the file is on even. Try playing a small AVI file from you C: and the drag it over to the D: and try playing it.

RAM

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap