footages for Pond5 – format problems

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, my name is Mari.

I have Sony HDR-CX155E Handycam (AVCHD), original format .m2ts. I need to learn how to prepare footages for selling in Pond5. The program advised on Pond5 (MPEG Streamclip) does’not recognise .m2ts. I converted it in to .mov. It did not help, I could not play it at all. I tried to download Adobe AE and Premier but they are too big. Please advise me some soft and give some tips on preparing footages for photobanks.

Thank you.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hello Mari, welcome to Videomaker community.

I been uploading stock footage to Pond5 for a couple of months and I made one sale :-). I only have 67 clips, later on this summer I will record some exciting stock footage. Anyway, MPEG Streamclip does not recognize .m2ts and .MTS and apparently you need to buy QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component to be able to convert the videos (from what I read). I haven’t try that one (and I don’t need to) because I use Adobe Media Encoder to convert the .MTS from my camcorder and if necessary, I use MPEG Streamclip. If you don’t have Adobe Media Encoder you can use Handbreak, an open source cross platform video transcoder. You can convert your .m2ts file into video format .mp4 and video codec MPEG 4. If you have Windows you can use Free HD Converter, which is…free. This one is not that fancy, but all you need to be concern is getting the best video and audio quality possible from either of this programs and later convert it to Quicktime using MPEG Streamclip. Video encoding is trail and error, play around until you get it right. There are no perfect video format and codec…just a bunch of them.

Hopes this helps

PS: Check put my Pond 5 portfolio here

PSS: Answering this question make me realized that I have 5 video converter
      programs. I have 5 because if one fails, I have another. If neither of
      the 5 works, I ask Google.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap