FLV output playback in .swf is tearing

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing FLV output playback in .swf is tearing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am working with some 1920×1080 Canon MkII .MOV files and want to create an .flv to insert as a fullscreen background in a .swf file.

I have converted (transcoded?) the .mov file into .avi using MPEGStreamclip 1.2 Apple Photo- JPEG compression.

The .avi looks fine.

I have imported the .avi into PP CS5 and rendered a scaled (720×406) flv with various settings for bitrate (800 through to 2000)… the .flv plays smoothly in VLC player.

When I insert the .flv into the .swf file I get horizontal tearing on almost every movement of the subject.

Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting? I have tried every single setting in the PP render panel (Frame Blending, Quality Settings etc) and each time the .swf has the same (more or less) tearing issues.

Thanks!!

Participant

That would probably be an interlacing problem, occuring either in one of your computer’s playback elements – hardware/software – or the interlacing format was not matched in “save” settings.

Have you tried playing an other.swf/.flv file in that same player?

Participant

Hey XTR-91,

Thanks for the response.

We have viewed it on 3 PC’s from a netbook to a quad core 8gb with latest ATI gfx card.

Other flvs (not exported from this source) look fine.

It must be in the setting or the output codec choice?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing — 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.
homicide-bootstrap