Fluid Head Problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I shoot using a Manfrotto 701 HDV fluid head. Regardless of how careful I am, every pan (slow or fast) ends with the head, on its own, twisting backwards a slight amount. It is too small to measure, perhaps less than 1/2 degree. But, when scenes are viewed on a big flat panel TV, it is clearly noticeable. I called Manfrotto tech support and they said my camera was too light. So I added 3 pounds of weight – which with the cam is about 4 1/2 pounds – and the problem persists. Tilts are also a problem but less so. Am I missing something? Perhaps I’m not holding on to the pan arm properly? Maybe the 710 HDV isn’t really appropriate for HDV? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Participant

Try loosening up the tension a bit. Mine seems to do that (501) when I have it set too tight. ALSO – it very well could be your image stabilization and not the tripod. Make sure it is turned off when using a tripod. I know my cameras will “correct” themselves back to the center of the sensor at the end of a pan if I have the stabilization on and pan.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap